Only 3 days after discovering "meatometers", LoS has learned of a sixth human foot apparently washed ashore in British Columbia.
A brief timeline of the BC6:
- 8/20/07 – male right foot; size 12 Campus near Jedidiah Island
- 8/26/07 – male right foot; size 12 Reebok on Gabriola Island
- 2/2/08 – male right foot; size 11 Nike on Valdez Island
- 5/22/08 – female right foot; size 7 New Balance on Kirkland Island
- 6/16/08 – male left foot; size 11 Nike on Westham Island
- 11/11/08 – female left foot; New Balance on the Fraser River
Curiously, all six feet were found in running shoes. The confirmed five were disarticulated (not cut) and clad in shoes made between 2003 & 2004, with the exception of the 1999 shoe on foot # 4. CNN suggests this is evidence that the feet belong to victims of a plane crash, but local news reports that this theory has been discounted by the RCMP.
One more grisly clue: a lustrative, footless body (male 5'10'') washed ashore on the Orcas Islands approximately 4 months before the first foot was found. As far as LoS can tell, the body has not been definitively linked to any of the feet.
We are still waiting confirmation that foot # 6 is not a hoax. On June 18, 2008, police were japed by an animal paw stuffed in an Adidas human shoe on the Campbell River.
CNN has a nice interactive map.
Previously on LoS: