Saturday, June 25, 2011

Le Mani Destre Recise Degli Ultimi Uomini

album cover courtesy of Wickedpoodia
Whenever I see an American band in Toulouse, I always try to buy a vinyl to help 'em get a tank of gas for the next gig.  Such was the case with Secret Chiefs 3, who I saw rock the house at Mix'art Myris Thurday night.  Great band, great show.  Their chops heavy, tightly structured and Arab-influenced psychedelia, not to mention their cowls and other face-hiding headgear, remind me of the Master Musicians of Bukkake.  I think I've read these guys have played together.  Wouldn't surprise me if they were pals or members had switched through various incarnations of one another's various projects.

SC3, for instance, has a number of "subgroups" and this vinyl is from one of them:  Traditionalists.

I got this one because it was the only one I could afford and liked the cover.  I know enough Italian to have guessed the title Le Mani Destre Recise Degli Ultimi Uomini had something to do with hands, but it wasn't until I looked at the cover again this morning, sober, that I saw the title translated as The Severed Right Hands of the Last Men.

Which means nothing to you, I'm guessing, but it's highly meaningful for me.  Some time ago the meme of the severed hand crawled all over this blog like Thing from the Addam's Family. 

Severed hands!  They just keep on finding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Need to add an image? Use this code: [ximg]IMAGE-URL-HERE[x/img]. You will need to remove the the boldface x's from the code to make it work.