Saturday, October 26, 2013

Magique, Mystère, Tourisme....et de la bière. Beaucoup et beaucoup de bière....


Notre Dame de la Daurade

From Saturday until today The Gid and his brother Steven were in town to visit.  It was jam-packed with sightseeing and beer drinking and though tired, it's left me with a sense of contentment I haven't felt in a while.

One of the highlights of our trip was a modified version of the "Magical Mystery Tour" I took last year with my kids into Aude, Corbières, Languedoc-Rousillon, etc.

Steve has been writing about his visit and has some great photos.  I really enjoyed reading about places I've seen previously from the perspective of someone who's never been to France. It also gives you an idea of just how much there is to see in southwest France.

We touched a sliver of a fragment and even then didn't even begin to cover all the worth-a-visit sites the area has to offer, natural, historical and cultural.  We didn't do too bad though.

Please take a look a Steve's post.  It'll spark some great ideas if you ever consider coming to Toulouse and environs.

Europe Week One: Southern France and Northern Spain by S.J. Payne

Added 12/04.
And there was a black virgin, “Mare de Deu de Monserrat.” 
(For you, Steve Adkins.)   Europe Week Two:  Barcelona and Paris

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I love that photo, Steve! We had a great, jam-packed visit. I really liked my brother's write up & can't wait to hear about the rest of his adventures as he travels around for another month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, your brother captures it straight up and clearly, with lots of good photos. I was glad to meet your brother and share with you guys what I love about this place. It was a great visit, but so short! But, I think that's why we got so much done, no wasted time! We should start an LoS-themed tour company!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Need to add an image? Use this code: [ximg]IMAGE-URL-HERE[x/img]. You will need to remove the the boldface x's from the code to make it work.