Saturday, August 11, 2018

"William Burroughs meets Heart of Darkness"


Sorry for the low output on the blog in recent months, but I just haven't had anything to say.

The Ice Mine, my recently-published novella, has gotten a review.  5 stars, no less.  Then again, it was written by my mother.  Not really.  Check it out, and then buy the book.  Keep independent publishing alive.  Forgive the shameless self-promotion, but I wrote a book damnit...and I want it to be read! 


le 8 août 2018 

This first-person narrative really feels like back in the Heart of Darkness, only this time the voyage is through a futuristic terrain, and the narrator is coming off a drug addiction. The story flowed easily, with bouts of philosophical musings that were poignant and that had me laughing at times. I would have enjoyed an even longer book, as the only criticism I can think is that the novella size does it injustice. Well worth the read. Kudos to Adkins on his first novel...definitely want to read more of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Need to add an image? Use this code: [ximg]IMAGE-URL-HERE[x/img]. You will need to remove the the boldface x's from the code to make it work.